Thursday 21 January 2016

Hello!

This is me


Well, here we are, my first blog post! I hope this will be the first of many and I will do my best to keep to my self-made schedule of (at least) one post a week.

I decided that the best way to start this blog would be to tell you a few things about myself. If you're here from Movellas or from my YouTube channel you probably know some of these already but I'll try to include some more obscure facts.

My name is...

So we'll start with my name, which is actually a little more complicated than you'd think. You see, I am transgender, which means that my body doesn't match my gender. For this reason I use two names: Stephen (my birth name) and May. The name May was suggested by a close friend, but what neither of us knew was that, had I been born a girl, my middle name would have been May.

What do I do?

Well, currently, I am studying Physics, Further Maths, Creative Writing and Music at college. I sing and play piano, trumpet and guitar. What I spend most of my life doing, however, is writing poetry. I write a poem every day, to varying degrees of success, and I intend to keep doing so for as long as I can. I have written and self-published a book, but this isn't the place for self-promotion.

I'm also very passionate about equality - particularly for the LGBT community - so I try to do what I can to raise awareness of these issues. 

My dreams?

If I could, I would love to make a difference to the world. Of course that's a crazy and rather predictable dream, but I'd love to help make the world a better place somehow. Perhaps one day I might write a story or poem that speaks to enough people to change attitudes, or maybe I could invent something. I don't know, but I know I want to make an impact. Maybe one day I will.

And a few random facts

- I'm 6 foot tall
- I have grade 6 in singing and am working on my grade 8 at the moment.
- I was obsessed with lettuce as a kid (which has now been replaced with an obsession with parsley),
- I was born two minutes after my sister.
- I have played a candlestick, a frog, a liquorice allsort, a hippie priest, a thug and Beadle Bamford on stage


So! That's a bit about me, future posts won't be like this, but I hope this has been interesting enough to keep you interested in my life.

Now...to my dreams.

- Parsavagely Hayashi

Poem of the day: http://hellopoetry.com/poem/1531645/distraction/

No comments:

Post a Comment